Noah's Residents

Noah's Residents

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Farewell my friend...



Sir Whatmore
5 May 1998 to 9 May 2015



        To my owner,

When I won races and brought you glory, 
you cheered and praised me. My owner.

When I could no longer race and had to retire, 
you cast me aside and abandoned me. My owner.

Alas, when I was into the twilight and breathed my last, 
you were unaware as you have forgotten me. My owner.

       Your once faithful race horse,
       WhatMore.

Whatmore (left) with Sky Governor running with dogs.

Photo credits: Anne Young

Boomerlake and Whatmore (both were ex race horses) -
RIP my dear friends.

Photo credits: Anne Young

"Ask not how much your race horse won for you but 
ask how little had you done in return" - Author Unknown


Thank you Anne for capturing these photos of Whatmore for us to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment