Noah's Residents

Noah's Residents

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Visit by Lasalle Students


 


Two months ago, i brought my class of Year 2 Lasalle students to a paradise on earth known as Noah's Ark Nature Animal Sanctuary in JB, Malaysia. It was a brand new experience for many of my students. A few told me it's the first time they have touch a cat, for some it's the first time they've touched a dog and for others the first time they've touch a horse. Let's enjoy the photos taken by my students and hear their thoughts on their visit to Noah's Ark and how it has changed their perspective and overcame their fears.

Photo by Adiba Binte Mohammed Mustafa, Year 2 student,
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation.

"The main hut-building was constructed by the owner of this sanctuary with recycled wood and other materials. Very Impressive! I personally feel that this place is a place that “no matter how old or your past holds, you’re still welcome here” which very well relates to the animals being left here. Each animal has a story of their own." - Sally Teo

Photo by Teo Siew Boon Sally, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation.
Photo by Tang Tianshi, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation
"I really love cats and dogs, but since I’m quite an introvert myself, I don’t really know how to play with them. Therefore, beside my excitement, I was also a little bit afraid. When we arrived, we were welcomed by a lot of excited dogs. To be honest, I was quite shocked. But they are very friendly, and Lynda, one of the volunteers, assured us that these dogs might look quite hyper but for sure they won’t bite. She always said: “what all these animals want is affection”. - Tran Vu Phuong Hoa

Photo by Tham Kwok Hui, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation

Photo by Nicole Kok Fang Theng, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation

"Arriving there was definitely a different experience than from what I imagined. I was forewarned that the dogs are free-ranging, but never had I imagined we would be literally hounded by a welcoming committee of canines the moment we stepped through the gate. Now, personally I do not mind dogs but as a Muslim, I have never so much as taken a few steps towards one. So one can guess that suddenly being brought face to face with so many dogs in one go was admittedly overwhelming. Though apprehensive at first, I guess I was able to get my bearings after a good lunch and some time to take a breather and soak in the sights." - Adiba Binte Mohammed Mustafa

Photo by Xie Baoling, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation

"Other than learning the functions on the camera and taking pictures of the surrounding and the animals, what I really enjoyed most was interacting with the animals. I am not a big fan of cats, because I of a bad childhood memory. But during this trip I actually held a cat in my arms, and that to most people is nothing much but I was just super happy." - Yap Lai Ye Genevieve 

Photo by Adiba Binte Mohammed Mustafa, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation

'One of the first dogs we met was Jasmine. According to the handler, she has pretty much lived in the cattery since she was a puppy so Jasmine actually think she is a cat. Indeed she is very silent and has a habit on jumping the table. She even sits like a very lady-like cat." - Adiba Binte Mohammed Mustafa


Photo by Meng Xihe, Year 2 student 
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation
"Overall, I enjoyed myself much more than I actually anticipated. I have always fancied myself a cat person, but after today I think I am officially a dog person as well. It felt nice getting sincerely greeted by such friendly animals as compared to my own unenthusiastic cats who merely give a passing glance. However, that is beside the point. If ever I have a chance to visit the place again, I would go whole heartedly. I miss my new canine buddies. I hope they are doing well. " - Adiba Binte Mohammed Mustafa


Photo by Jeffrey Joju, Year 2 student,
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation.
"It was a brilliant rainy day. It was a spectacle to watch it, as the sanctuary was a home where one found solace not only for the animals but for us as well. We experienced oneness with nature, peace and the overwhelming excitement of the dogs that they never remained quiet. It appeared to be a greeting, inviting us to play with them. " - Jeffrey Joju

"All the dogs are too sweet to the point that I almost forgot to take pictures of them!" - Clara Kumarini Supeno

"All I could think of at the mention of cat house was, ” whoa cat house? i didn’t bring my battle armour.” I mean, in my defense, I’ve never interacted with cats prior to this. I was honestly really afraid of interacting with the cats." - Christabel Rae Mervyn   She later overcame her fears and cats were cuddling up to her. :)
By C.S. Ling

"When we entered the stables, we were greeted with a welcoming grin from the youngest among the clan. He was so happy to see us. I have never seen a horse in such close prozimity and it was exciting thoroughly splendid moment for me. We were right in time for their meal and observed how calm and majestic they look. Initially, I was faintly scared but later gradually got close to them. " - Jeffrey Joju
Photo by Jeffrey Joju, Year 2 student ,
 Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation.
Photo by Tham Kwok Hui, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation
"Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary is a unique experience to see these animals in harmony, sheltered in such peaceful environment and being well-cared by the people working there. I rejoiced every second there and wish to go back again soon…" - Jeffrey Joju

Photo by Tran Vu Phuong Hoa, Year 2 student
Lasalle College of the Arts, Animation.
"After the trip, I felt much closer to animals. I’ve learned a lot through the stories of their life, and it make me feel more responsible to them. A very big thank to Noah Ark for the great time with all the little friends! I’m really glad to have joined this trip, and I hope I can come again sometime soon." Tran Vu Phuong Hoa



















Run! by C.S. Ling



By C.S Ling Photography
Nikon Singapore Professional Photographer 
SanDisk Extreme Team 
Gitzo Ambassador (Singapore) 
Singapore Women's Weekly 
Winner of Great Women of our Time (Arts & Media) 2011 
Grand Prize Winner of Nature's Best Photography 
Windland Smith Rice Award 2012 
Winning work now exhibited at Smithsonian Natural History Museum, Washington, USA 

Websites: 



No comments:

Post a Comment